Sweet and Raw Beet Salad
- 3 medium sized raw beets, peeled and halved
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, cored and quartered
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp goat cheese (optional)
Using an electric or hand grater, shred the beets, carrots and apples (*if using a hand grater you may want to wear gloves to prevent your hands from being strained red.)
Mix in oil, honey, turmeric, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with goat cheese and serve.