Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Recipe inspired by: AmyMyers.com
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder (leave out for low FODMAP)
- 1 tsp onion powder (leave out for low FODMAP)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (omit for low histamine)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (omit for low histamine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or cassava flour (omit and replace with corn flour for low FODMAP)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, avocado oil or other fat of your choice for frying (not olive oil)
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the flour, spices and salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
Add chicken pieces to flour and spice mixture and toss to evenly coat.
Add coconut oil to the preheated pan. Using tongs, place half the chicken nuggets onto the pan. Allow these to cook for approximately four minutes on each side until golden brown all cooked through. Add remaining nuggets until they are all cooked to160 degrees internal temperature.
Serve these with a dollop of mustard and a side salad.
Recipe inspired from AmyMayers.com