Middle Eastern Turkey Meatball Wraps
Recipe inspired by: AmyMyers.com
- 1 lb ground dark meat turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced (Omit if low FODMAP)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (Omit if low FODMAP)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 15-20 leaves Bibb or Boston lettuce
- Sliced cucumber (optional for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground turkey with the onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, salt, and cumin. Form the meat into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with Turmeric and place in oven.
Cook the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
To serve, place two meatballs in two lettuce leaves, top with sliced cucumber if you like, and serve immediately.
*Note: Turmeric will turn your hands yellow, that is why is it sprinkled on top at the end. If you don’t mind feel free to mix into meat with other seasonings.
Recipe inspired from AmyMayers.com