- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (Replace with maple syrup for low FODMAP)
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, julienned jicama
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage aka Chinese cabbage (Regular green cabbage is not low FODMAP)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (Replace with green onion tops for low FODMAP)
- 1 cup julienned English cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
In a small mixing bowl, add lime juice, chili flakes, rice wine vinegar, honey, and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
Combine the jicama, carrots, cabbage and onion, cucumber, red pepper and cilantro in a large bowl and toss.
Add dressing to vegetables and let sit for 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Serve
Note: A julienne cut is when food is cut into long thin sticks, similar to the size and thickness of a matchstick. If you don't want to julienne the vegetables, you can also use a cheese grater with larger holes.