Recipe inspired by: Skinny Taste
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1 large sweet potato, 14 oz
- 2 lbs ground chicken and/or beef
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 avocado, diced
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- 2 cups preferred beans, cooked (black, garbanzo, etc) emit for low FODMAP, candida, and Whole 30
Place all the ingredients except the scallion and avocado in the slow cooker and cook on low 8 hours.
When done, break up the ground meat with a wooden spoon.
Serve garnished with scallions and avocado on top.