Green Veggie Skillet
TIME TRICK: Cook veggies the night before
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shaved or finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp cumin (use turmeric for low histamine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed (replace with baby kale for low histamine)
- 4 large eggs (some may need to omit for low histamine)
- 1 large avocado, for carnish (omit for low histamine)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
Add the shaved brussels sprouts and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
When the brussels sprouts have softened, add the zucchini and spices and stir for another minute.
When the vegetables have all cooked, add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
Flaten the mixture and crack eggs evenly spaced on top. Transfer the saute pan to the oven and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
Garnish with ¼ sliced avocado per serving.
Recipe inspired by: DownShiftology.com