Ginger-”Soy” Cod and Asparagus in Parchment
- 4 cod fillets, or 1 lb of cod cut into 4 equal-sized pieces (Must be fresh for low Histamine)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed of tough ends and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces (Switch with zucchini for low FODMAP)
- 8 cups fresh spinach (Switch to baby kale for low histamine)
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly (Omit whites bulb for low FODMAP, green part only)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (Omit for low FODMAP)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 Tbsp tbsp coconut aminos (Omit for Candida Protocol)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tear off four pieces of parchment paper, approximately 12 inches long.
Pile two cups of spinach on the bottom of each piece of parchment paper, then top with a piece of fish.
Top fish with asparagus and scallion.
In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper.
Top each fish filet with an equal amount of the sauce mixture.
Wrap up each parchment paper into little packets, folding the edges tightly to seal in the vegetables and fish.
Bake at 425 F for about 15 minutes. The vegetables should be tender and the fish should be cooked through. Open parchments carefully over a plate and drizzle the sauce from the parchments over the fish and vegetables.
Recipe inspired from AmyMayers.com