Asian Beef and Broccoli Over “Noodles”
Recipe inspired by: Skinny Taste
- 1/4 cup coconut or sesame seed oil, separated (coconut for low Histamine)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (leave out for low FODMAP)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (Replace with green onion, green part only, for low FODMAP)
- 12 oz boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin pieces
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (Omit for Candida Protocol)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup bone broth (omit or replace with regular broth for low histamine)
- 1/2 cup basil, minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 12 oz kelp noodles, rice noodles, or zucchini noodles
Preheat a large skillet over mediumheat and add 2 tbsp oil. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Place steak strips in same pan over medium heat. Add coconut aminos, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes or until steak strips are cooked through. Set aside.
Add remaining olive oil to the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Add broccoli and bone broth and cook until tender but not mushy, approximately 4 minutes.
Once broccoli is cooked, add the beef and onions back to the same pan. Add the basil and cilantro and stir. Allow to cook for about two minutes to combine flavors.
To assemble, place a portion of noodles on a plate, then top with beef and broccoli mixture.