- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves packed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 3/4 cup garlic-infused oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small frying pan, toast the cumin and paprika over low heat until fragrant (usually about 30 seconds).
Place toasted seasoning and all other ingredients except the garlic-infused oil and black pepper into a blender or food processor. Pulse the blender/food processor a few times. Then, blend ingredients until smooth while slowly drizzling in the ¾ cup garlic-infused oil. Taste charmoula and add black pepper to taste. Can be used immediately as a sauce or marinate but can taste even better after being refrigerated overnight. This sauce can be made up to two days ahead of time.